Farmington Hills | USA Customer Manager
The Customer Manager is responsible for managing major account activity within the Huf Group Locking & Authorization Business Unit. This individual must maintain a base of the customer account awareness, act as an advisor, hunter and leader of all activities related to the assigned key accounts. He or she will be responsible for driving key divisional activities related to major account responsibilities in alignment with the North American sales strategy with a global mindset. Developing effective relationships, trust and credibility, at multiple levels inside and outside the company are critical to the success of this role. This role will focus as the key liaison between the Huf Group and Ford. Having additional experience working with FCA, other OEM’s and tier 1’s is a plus.
- Act as a liaison between the Huf Group and key customer accounts
- Lead and motivate internal team members and indirect reports
- Develop, grow and maintain Locking & Authorization products & projects
- Maintain key customer accounts contact lists
- Understand assigned customers (processes/procedures, key players both engineering purchasing, cycle plans, strategy and trends, etc.)
- Forecast existing business and develop plans to identify/pursue new business, and implement those plans into "Customer Strategies and Action Plans” to ensure the securing of existing business and the award of new business
- Identify new business opportunities, obtain RFQ’s, lead RFQ process internally, deliver RFQ response, follow-up/ negotiate with customers and communicate status of new opportunity within Huf
- Track and are aware of key customer accounts satisfaction metrics and issues
- Ensure all engineering changes made to products are correctly priced and submitted to the customer on a timely basis
- Lead by utilize the Huf group systems and procedures for communicating changes internally
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to review pricing and design changes to ensure customer confirmation/approval of pricing
- Manage and negotiate the financials of the key customer accounts such as but not limited to; payments, past due receivables, freight, packaging, returned shipments for non-conforming goods
- Continuous communication internally with engineering, sales, cost estimators and managers to ensure current status relative to pricing, design, program issues, part issues, contract terms and conditions and all other customer issues
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced staff as necessary
- Reports to the Director of Sales - Locking & Authorization Business Unit
Specialized Working Conditions and % Travel: (i.e.: hearing, vision, extreme temperatures)
- Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual acuity - Perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection of small defects and parts
- Travel is required domestically and internationally and on short notice.
- Bachelor's degree in business/engineering and 5 plus years equivalent experience
- 5 plus years of experience in sales working with and other NA OEM’s is a plus
- Very strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be a hunter and strong negotiator
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Able to pass all background checks and pre-employment drug screen tests
- Able to maintain the confidentiality