Greeneville | USA Programmer Analyst
The IT Department develops and provides flexible, responsive and innovative information and communication systems. These are aligned with HUF’s business goals and objectives, driving process improvement and productivity. The IT department provides stewardship of HUF’s data environment, ensuring the availability of critical production systems, information, and communication for staff members working to fulfill HUF’s business objectives.
The Programmer Analyst's role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements in organizations existing enterprise applications such as ERP, EDI, Business Reporting & Custom Web Applications using Perl, Java Technologies. This position will be given preliminary training on Huf Applications and is expected to be a self-starter. This position will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Additionally, the Programmer Analyst is also responsible for supervising and/or leading the development of new systems, directing changes to existing systems and controlling the interfaces between the systems, initiating complex feasibility studies and making recommendations of the action to be taken. This position is also needed to understand the business processes within automotive manufacturing to be able to provide support to end users within defined SLA’s.
Ability to accomplish projects on time and within budget. Strong communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of users in the organization. Research solutions; provide guidance and training as required.
- Provide Tier1, Tier2 support level to the users across NA region on various Huf Applications.
- Work on the assigned tickets from the Huf Centralized helpdesk system.
- Gather/analyze requirements and translate them into functional specifications and system design specifications, so that outside vendor can work based on it.
- Open tickets with Enterprise applications service desk for quick resolution of issues.
- Ability to learn new Applications and Systems.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
- Perform ERP/EDI/Custom Web Applications programming based on function/technical specifications, after training on the applications have been imparted.
- Follow all established policies and procedures and create the required documentation.
- Plan, write and execute test plans
- Assist business stakeholders with user acceptance testing, defect reporting and resolution.
- Adhere to company programming standards
- Strong understanding of ERP, EDI and its application to business processes
- Troubleshoot ERP, EDI related application problems with little or no guidance. Focus on operational aspect
- Seamlessly work with end users, particularly on the Supply Chain process side, to analyze and resolve problems. Analyzes underlying issues.
- Strong analytical, listening, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Work in a team and an independent atmosphere
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Highly effective and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervision Received and Given:
- Reports to Enterprise Application Manager and act as local primary back-up as needed. No direct reports.
BS degree in Computer Science with Supply Chain as Minor
- Any experience in EDI Systems will be a plus.
- Any experience in Supply Chain Systems or Industry will be a plus.
- Any experience in Linux and Oracle will be a plus.
- Strong Supply chain Concepts.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong Analytical thinking and Problem Solving
- Internship or relevant work experience
- Ability to learn other languages and Huf’s System such as ERP, EDI, and Custom Web Apps is must.
Das bieten wir Ihnen
- Competitive salary package
- Motivating job contributing to the most advanced automotive technology
- Be part of a friendly environment and work with experienced colleagues