Senior Mechanical Engineer
Engineer and develop Mechanical and/or Mechatronic systems for vehicle access security, and safety products primarily used in the transportation industry. The Mechanical Design Engineer will lead multiple product designs with the expectation to meet the required deadlines of the customer while maintaining the quality and technical requirements of the customer. This position requires a hands-on person, who can meet project deadlines, who is innovative, has cross-functional knowledge, including, but not limited to the following: Program Management, Testing, Manufacturing and Research and Development.
- Application of Engineering principles of Mechanical Design, Kinematics, First order structural analysis, dimensional management, Manufacturing methods, and DFMEA.
- Interface with sales and customers on RFQ items, BOM, exploded views, knowledge of similar Huf projects, and benchmarking studies.
- Interface with Product Costing, Manufacturing and other Huf Departments.
- Communicate and write effectively paying special attention to accuracy of work.
- Examine and analyze new designs to determine feasibility of operations, tooling, manufacturing and applications.
- Thorough understanding of the following manufacturing processes as related to product design: Die Casting, Plastic Injection Molding, Stamping, Fine Blanking, Torsion and Compression Springs.
- Problem solving using 8D's, Red-X, and other tools.
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineers with their projects, and problems.
- Initiate, support, and participate in VAVE activities
- Take initiatives and introduce new ideas
Bachelor’s Degree or higher level of education in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Product Design and Development
- Strong knowledge of plastics and/or locking mechanisms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience using 3D computer graphics (CATIA V5 or UG) is a plus
- Good knowledge of CAE tools
Das bieten wir Ihnen
- Competitive salary package
- Motivating job contributing to the most advanced automotive technology
- Be part of a friendly environment and work with experienced colleagues