Greeneville | USA Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Technician
We are a leading developer and manufacturer of mechanical and electronic locking systems as well as car access and authorization systems for the global automotive industry. Founded in 1908 in Velbert, Germany, we are an independent, family-owned company with around 7,300 employees at locations in Europe, America and Asia and achieved sales of more than EUR 1 billion in the financial year 2022.
The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Technician will assure the quality of manufactured parts and assemblies through advanced quality planning analysis, measurements and control techniques
To assure dimensional conformity through full dimensional layout utilizing various gages, measurement equipment and software.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
Perform layout inspection using the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Laser Scanner, various variable and attribute gauging or surface plate measurement techniques. Perform analysis such as force testing, visual conformity, and raw material verification for plastic injection molding. Assure accurate Quality Assurance (QA) Sample Inventory records are maintained via gage management software and calibration. Assure timely verification of all tooling changes and/or corrections. Perform statistical analysis as deemed necessary by the Production Manager. Provide accurate and timely Layout Reports
- Reading and interpreting blueprint requirements and basic process and product acceptance standards.
- Software and computer literacy.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine Programming/Operation.
- Laser Scanning Machine Programming/Operation.
- Surface plate inspection.
- Ability to work with Computer Aided Design(CAD) models.
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Secondary Technical Diploma in related field; or 2 years’ experience programming and operating a CMM
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T
- 2 years experience with CMM variable and attribute gauging and Laser Scanning Equipment in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Good statistical knowledge
- Excellent math and reading skills
- Excellent attendance and work habits
- Ability to work independently and make consistent decisions
- Willingness and ability to be trained in the job function and system requirements
- Good interpersonal ability with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively with suppliers
- Full comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
Broad range of health measures
Huf North America Automotive Parts Manufacturing, Corp.
395 T. Elmer Cox Drive
Greeneville, TN 37743
Activate Google Maps to display an interactive map. Data is transmitted to Google in the process.