Senior Software Engineer
Design and develop high quality embedded software for Huf Mechatronics products.
Work on SW components and designs in a rich and challenging global team environment to create solutions fulfilling internal & customer product requirements.
Execute software tasks spanning the entire software development lifecycle, including planning, requirements analysis, design, code, test, defect resolution, and production release. Design, develop and code software components based on Huf defined software architecture for core and/or application specific software requirements on a project.
- Interface with customer & system engineers to understand product requirements
- Provide technical leadership to project team to perform design to deployment related activities
- Support the process of deriving, interpreting, clarifying, and improving Software requirements
- Define and document architecture which meets requirements and hardware/system constraints
- Provide SW related non-functional estimates (latency, timing, memory, etc.) to system design
- Develop software using C/C++ as per defined SW architecture and requirements as needed
- Design SW modules using UML based tools (IBM Rhapsody) or message flow charts
- Interface with global development teams to jointly develop and/or modify SW components
- Co-ordinate and plan for integration of core and/or 3rd party SDKs or software stacks as required
- Perform basic bench level tests and advanced system tests SW to confirm functionality.
- Document lessons learnt, design or implementation details, task list, technical know-how papers, trainings, etc.…
- Support with white box, functional/component and system tests by defining test criterion and help resolve issues as they arise
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all software related activities for project
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and support the deployment of software systems as well as application software components.
- Perform other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals
- Sync with global locations such as Germany and Romania to ensure common global practices and procedures are maintained.
- Work within the parameters of V-model process and CMMI level 2 requirements at a minimum
- Mentor and coach junior engineers in best-practices in software development & Huf methods
- Prepare and plan improvements for standards & work processes, SDLC, documentation, specifications, methods, etc.
- Update job knowledge by studying current and/or new technologies, state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, etc.…
Supervision Received and Given:
Reports to Software Manager
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science. Master’s degree preferred
Minimum 5+ years’ experience or equivalent education in the engineering discipline
Working knowledge of developing software for ECUs and in-vehicle networks such as CAN and LIN.
Experience interfacing with automotive OEM, Tier 1, or suppliers
Excellent knowledge of embedded software(C/C++) development and debugging.
Experience in writing technical documentation (requirements, design specifications, test plans, etc.)
Good communication skills
Professional and good team player
Specialized Working Conditions and % Travel: (i.e.: hearing, vision, extreme temperatures)
Travel to Germany/Romania/Mexico may be required for a 2 week training session and periodic shorter trips may be necessary for project/design reviews. Travel will be <5%
- Competitive salary package
- Motivating job contributing to the most advanced automotive technology
- Be part of a friendly environment and work with experienced colleagues