Sr. Hardware Developer
- Must be able to work with a cross-functional team to develop small ECUs in the vehicle to support Car access systems (remote keyless entry, passive entry, Door Handle Electronics, Kick Sensor… etc.).
- Develop best in class solutions for car access products and be able to defend these solutions in front of the customer.
- Aid in creation of development process and tools required to support such processes.
- Work with OEM engineering teams to define next generation solutions.
- Possess the ability to work with a global development team.
- Develop electronics modules for use in an automobile environment.
- Perform worst case analysis and component reliability studies (Thermal analysis, sneak path, electronic overstress, load dump, EMC, product specifications etc.) using best in class methodologies.
- Ability to support the generation of electrical schematics and PCB layout. Knowledge of Mentor Graphics products is a plus.
- Develop and maintain product documentation such as: DFMEA, DVPR, EMC test plans etc.
- Work with Manufacturing engineering teams developing End of Line Test Specification
- Work with the SW Engineers to ensure a smooth interface between the software and hardware.
- Work with test engineering to ensure product verification and validation is performed properly.
- Perform statistical analysis of data to predict the reliability and confidence level of the part.
- Work with mechanical engineering teams to ensure packaging guidelines
- Take initiatives and introduce new ideas
In this position you must be able to demonstrate a strong presence in product design and have a strong background in vehicle ECU design including: voltage regulators, high side/low side drivers, CAN/LIN/Kline transceivers, microcontroller selection, UARTS and basic interconnecting bus solutions such as SPI and I^2 C. You must also be able to perform detailed analysis of such circuits with regards to: Worst case analysis, thermal analysis, EMC, ESD and transient suppression techniques, sneak path and load dump strategies.
Supervision Received and Given:
Reports to the Team Leader, and/or Manager
Minimum BSEE Degree.
- 5 years of experience with electrical design analysis and evaluation preferably with car access products, BCM or interface components to a vehicle system architecture.
- Experience in the automotive industry required.
- Have a strong trouble shooting skills and be able to make command decisions.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good customer interface skills.
- Knowledge of C/C++ software preferred.
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools
- Understanding of TS16949 quality standards.
- Experience with LIN, CAN, ISO9141 driver interfaces preferred.
- Experience with fault detection and diagnostics strategies preferred.
- Experience with microcontroller selection.
- Knowledge of capacitive sensing is a plus.
- Knowledge of RF/LF circuits is a plus.
- Experience with DOORS requirements capture is a plus.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition and DxDesigner is a plus.
- Experience with Micro-Cap 11 is a plus
- Must be able to travel to Germany approximately 2 to 3 times annually for 1 or 2 weeks each
- Competitive salary package
- Motivating job contributing to the most advanced automotive technology
- Cooperation and exchange of experiences with our developers
- Project based travel opportunities
- Be part of a friendly environment and work with experienced colleagues