Farmington Hills | USA System Engineer - Electrical
A Systems Engineer - Electrical role will support customer interface and customer requirements capture internal requirement creation and validation support. This position will define, implement and track specific requirements tailoring of procesesses in conjunction with Technical Leads and Project Management teams.
- Define Vmodel development schedules and track Vmodel development status with the Program Management team, in coordinating both customer and internal milestones.
- Work alongside technical leads and customers to capture and analyze customer requirements and bound scope.
- Monitor processes to ensure requirement acceptance from all stakeholders.
- Organize peer reviews, track open findings to completion.
- Develop System and Subsystem level specifications with input from technical experts, as well as, providing support to the integration event process.
- Requirements capture, functional decomposition, optimization methods and Risk Management.
- Create virtual models of system environment.
- Define, implement, and mentor in traceability with respect to corporate templates.
- Provide support and guidance to technical experts in the development of discipline-level requirements.
- Track risk registers for the project with the program managers and technical leads and define opportunities for cost saving(s).
- Support post-delivery warranty management, investigation, and change management.
- Proactively ensure the highest level of process and quality compliance utilizing V-model development.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Bachelor of Science BS or Master of Science MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in the automotive industry in the field of Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related roles.
- Possess base knowledge of car access, locksets, and immobilization technology.
- Possess knowledge of mechanical engineering, system engineering, and requirements engineering.
- Knowledge of the following: Microsoft MS Project and milestone tracking, V-model development, and industrialization and design for mass production.
- Experience with fault detection and diagnostics strategies preferred.
- Knowledge of exterior door handle products is a strong desire.
- Being Familiar with 6 Sigma tools is a plus.
- Full comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
Activate Google Maps to display an interactive map. Data is transmitted to Google in the process.